Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

In Steve My Navara 2010 2.5 has 2 problems I think when

Customer Question

Hi in Steve My Navara 2010 2.5 has 2 problems I think when I am in low gear it seems to labour and judder. Also after 20 mins of driving the ESP and SLIP lights come on
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
hi there, sorry for the delay. The SLIP and ESP lights will come on anytime you break traction, so keep in mind that if the tires are spinning in low gear this is normal as long as the traction control is turned on. Now when this happens during normal driving and you get the judder or loss of throttle power that is generally because one of the ABS wheel speed sensors is either going bad or has a bad pickup signal from a faulty hub or excess rust. If you don't have a scan tool to see exactly which one of the 4 is acting up, then you may just want to remove all 4 of them and clean any rust from there mounting locations. If the problem STILL does not clear then you need to see WHICH one of the 4 wheel sensors has the erratic reading by connecting it to a scan tool while driving. Once you know which sensor is at fault you can replace the sensor. Lastly if one of the front wheel hub bearings is bad it can also cause an issue with the wheel speed sensor.