Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have a nissan juke ntec 1.6 2103 need a spare key as have

i have a nissan juke ntec 1.6 2103 need a spare key as have only one, have got hold of identical second hand key, can this be reprogrammed to car, or do i have to get a new key, a local auto key specialist has told me that a second hand key cannot be reprogrammed to car is this so?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

I persume this the intelligent key you have - stop/start button system you have on the car?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its a standard key with blade 2 button remote locking

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Ok.. Normally you need to get a new "blank" key,to be cut/prgrammed to the cars immobiliser system,diagnostically done by the way - the new key must have blank transponder within it for it to be programmed to the car... A secondhand key already programmed to another vehicles immobiliser system wont work..there are several places you can get those from new..either your autolocksmith as above or via the Nissan dealer....