Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Good morning. When I lock my Nissan Micra (about 6 years old)

Customer Question

Good morning. When I lock my Nissan Micra (about 6 years old) it makes a nasty grinding noise. It has been doing this for about 3 weeks. I've been hoping it would right itself. But yesterday I parked and found myself locked in. Luckily I managed to unlock the door with my fob almost immediately.
Does this mean the locking system has broken down or is there something I can do. Unfortunately I seem to have lost my spare key so can't try that one. I have also tried locking and unlocking both the central lock switch inside and the child locks.
Thanks so much.
Patsy
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello patsy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Patsy,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Hello Patsy,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.