Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

We have a 2008 Nissan navara, did a few thousand miles then

Customer Question

hi we have a 2008 Nissan navara, did a few thousand miles then started to cut out at low revs or when slowing to change gear, sent it to Nissan they diagnosed the following
1, fuel pressure sensor
2, fuel rail
3, pump
we replaced the following in order
1. fuel filter
2, new rail and pressure sensor
3, crank angle sensor
4, egr valve
it still does it I am reluctant to replace a fuel pump as im under the impression they either work or don't , the pressure is ok from reading. the ecu has been sent of as I feel it has an electrical fault style
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Hey there, sorry for the delay.
More commonly when we see a fuel pressure sensor code or have a pressure issue its related to the SCV on the pump itself and not the sensor or pump directly at fault. The pump suction valve can be replaced desperately and the part is about $350. You can also install it yourself and just have the dealer calibrate it afterwards if want to go aftermarket on the part.