Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My Nissan navara aventura 2007 stalls aparant reason.

My Nissan navara aventura 2007 stalls for no aparant reason. Restarts fine and then cuts out again. Had this problem a while back and stopped driving it a while and was fine again after a couple weeks. Been good for 6 months and now stalling again.
Could you assist with any advice. Thinking of phoning Nissan dealer to take a look but want info before I call.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
If your Aventura is a DCI model and not a petrol model. Then it's most important to know if you can immediately restart the engine when this happens. If you cannot, then you need to see if it's missing fuel or if the glow plug circuit is not activating properly.
For what it's worth I have seen a lot of times where a pump reser / relearn will fix a lot of intermittent stalling issues for fuel pressure cut out. Another thing worth mentioning if the dealer pulls a fuel rail pressure code or anything of that nature. There might be an issue with the vacuum valve on the pump causing the issue.
Let me know how else I can help please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jake
Thank you for your reply. I will pass this info on to the mechanic tomorrow and hope he picks up on a fault that can be easily fixed.
Yes the truck is diesel. It will start again after stalling only if you switch off ignition for a few seconds before turning over. It seems to reboot/reset the system. Had a new drive chain and belts fitted a year ago thinking that would rectify problem as I am a farmer and have towed a heavy trailer once or twice. New clutch as well. Do you think it could have something to do with a crank angle switch?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
The crank angle sensor can certainly cause intermittent stalling like you speak of, but is not a failure point we see a lot of on these trucks. More commonly your symptoms would come from an issue with the vacuum or suction valve for the pump which can be replaced separately and is not that bad of a job.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jake
That's great
I'll let you know how I get on
Thanks again
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Richard if you need anything else let me know if not just remember to leave a kind raing thank you
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.