indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have a 2002 Nissan Primera Estate 2.0l petrol. Sometimes

I have a 2002 Nissan Primera Estate 2.0l petrol. Sometimes the car will not start. I turn the key but nothing happens. If I rock it forward in gear and try again it will start. Is it an immobiliser fault?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
When you say nothing happens not even power to the dash gauges battery lights oil light etc.
Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The dash lights come on but starter does not turn over. I push started it the first time and it started ok and started fine for the next few times then it happened again where I only rocked it forward in gear and it started.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Okay if you can start the engine with a push start then the immobilizer system is not your problem, but more likely to be the starter motor connection or the starter itself .
Have the starter circuit checked for bad connections and wiring damage .
Must be a intermittent connection issue if rocking can get it to work again .
If the immo was the problem then the engine would not start when pushed
as your system cuts of spark and fuel .
UNLESS you have an aftermarket alarm system fitted which could be set up to disable the starter motor .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Greg. That gives a good starting point (pardon the pun). I'll have a look at the motor and associated connections. The car is in France at the moment and am not due back there until early September. I'll get back to you.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
Okay thank you ,let me know what happens or if you need anything
Have a great day ..
Rgds Greg