Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Is it possible to repair a Nissan CVT Transmission?

Customer Question

I just bought a 2008 Nissan Murano 3.5L V6 CVT. It developed a fault while driving it back and I was told, that it is the gear box and it is difficult to repair. Is it possible to repair a Nissan CVT Transmission?

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
It depends what fault your got. Solenoid faults are usually repairable with a control valve replacement which is only about $1200. If the fault is with a belt, pulley, pump, etc then your best bet is to replace the entire transmission.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told it was a solenid. However it seems no one in Aberdeen Scotland is able to fix the gear box. I am at a loss what to do as this is my wife's car and seh needs it this week.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
If it's a solenoid failure, you simply need to replace the control valve assembly. Also known as the valve body. If there are any transmission shops in the area, they should be able to do this fairly easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know any garage in these parts that i can take it to?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
i am not personally familiar with your area. but I have heard others say good things about this guy near you: ***** ***** 01307 465898
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
if you need anything else let me know, if not be sure to leave a kind rating. thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transmission has been fixed, however we can't start the vehicle after mounting it back on the vehicle.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
What is the car doing when you try to start it? clicking rapidly? clicking one? cranking but not starting? absolutely nothing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle has started now. The immobiliser was activated because the battery was done due to the transmission reconditioning work done. Vehicle will be picked from the garage (***** *****) this morning.
Thanks for the assistance.
Rgds
Ayo
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
awesome, glad I could help.