Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

The airbag light on my Nissan Primera P11 144 comes on occasionally-at

Customer Question

The airbag light on my Nissan Primera P11 144 comes on occasionally-at random. I have a MOT test coming up and now it is on all the time while driving. How can I reset it-even for a few hours?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello best thing to do is have the car plugged into a diagnostic device and produce a fault code which will point to the issue but 90% of the time with these its the connections under the seat that are slightly corroded and so producing the lightso I'd suggest disconnecting the battery 1st to avoid anything going off and then disconnect the seat connections under the driver and passenger seats, and spray both halves with contact / switch cleaner ( do not use WD40) then dry off with some compressed air and reconnect , often disconnecting and re-connecting several times will also help wipe the connectors clean of corrosion