indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

My 64 plate nissan juke 1.2 turbo petrol has needed 2 oil top

Customer Question

My 64 plate nissan juke 1.2 turbo petrol has needed 2 oil top ups and used about 6 liters of oil in 10 month theres only 7000 miles on the clock just gettin fobbed off at the dealers, saying that is normal for this engine that cant be right
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
Normal oil consumption and a engine is calculated 1 quart to every 1000 miles .
You need to calculate how much oil used in 1000 miles .
On new cars 2013 onward this is no longer the case.
but the older ones can use up to 1 quart every 1000miles .
If you are smoking out the exhaust then this is using way to much oil .
Some will use more than other ,you could have a friend with the same car and could use no more than 1/2 quart per 1000 miles ,
But as said anything over that is not right and something should be checked.
if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no external leeks and exaust fumes are fine so where is tne oil going using 1 liter every thousand miles
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Okay as said this is normal 1 liter every thousand miles , there is an oil to cut down theconsumption. Castrol max lifeBut not much you can do unless you are using synthetic oils then i would change to 20W40 this will cut down the oil consumption by a great deal . So if you are using synthetic oil change to mineral 20W40 castrol .. If you are using mineral then check its not 10w30 if it is use the castrol Your engine is slowly burning the oil ,Most likely from the piston oil rings or valve shaft seals . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using 5w30 fully synth as it says in the manual changeing it to 20w40 min will be ok
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Okay if you had full syn 5W30 then use mineral 10W40 first, if improves then at winter time use 20W40.
Please get beck to me with the results
Greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi . Just checking in if you still need assistance . Rgds Greg