Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Last night someone smashed my left rear tailgate lens. I have ordered

Last night someone smashed my left rear tailgate lens. I have ordered a replacement and removed the two nuts I can see but can't get the broken lens out. Do I need to remove all the tailgate trim just to find if there are any other lens fixings on the tailgate ?
A Nissan dealer will charge the earth for this vandalism incident.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for an expertvresponse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need an answer
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome My name is ***** ***** have been asked to help you ...I need to know exactly what model - and year of Nissan you have... you have only said its a Nissan... As you can appreciate , there are many different models / versions -..........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Qashqai(###) ###-####1.6 Auto
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, are you able to help me ? My Qashqaibis is a 2013 360 version 1.6 Petrol Auto.
I'm expecting the replacement rear left tailgate lens to arrive today so I need to know what trim, if any, I will need to remove to get the broken lens out. Also, if I need to, how to remove the tailgate plastic trim ?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - Thank you for your reply -and further info.Ok to gain access to the fixings for the lens you need to remove the panel.. to do this - see the handle to close the door - remove the fixing screw for that .. then, the rest of the panel is affixed using plastic push clips... To get the panel off, you need to get a firm grip on the outer edges of the panel with your fingers and then "yank"... the panel will come away - do this all the way round.. Remove said panel, then you will see easily how the lens is replaced - and remove the fixing nuts -- and the lends will come away - swap for the new and replace in reverse of removal - To refit the panel - align the clips to the holes in the door panel careful and with palm of hand - knock / slap the panel back on.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, thanks for the info. But when I look at the tailgate I don't see any screw/s. Is there any way I can send you a photo/video of the car/tailgate and damage. Or you can send me a diagram or something to show where the screw/s are ?
The replacement lens with bulb and connector arrived this afternoon.
Thanks ***@******.***
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..
I am sorry I dont have an image of that particular one.
If though yours is the type that doesn't have the screw fix - then the handle is part of the panel and will come away with the panel as you take it off as described above.
They did change the design because the handles used to break a lot -
So go for removing the panel as described -
Any problems let me know but you should be ok. Bear in mind I will only be on a little tomorrow due to other commitments.
Best Rgds - MIKE
--- Please do the OK ratings for me also - Thank you very much.
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your help Mike. Just finished the job ­čść
The only slight problem was undoing the internal nut on the long end screw. But we got there in the end ­čśů
Brian Holland-Jones