Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Fuel gauge only reads half full when tank is full 1 day per

Customer Question

fuel gauge only reads half full when tank is full 1 day per week it reads true I have changed both sender units in fuel tank but still the same
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** *****
If you are getting as you are - this would point generally to a faulty fuel gauge as you have changed the sender.
What you can do to test is - identify the feed wire from the sender at the tank - switch the IGN on - then earth the wire... The gauge should rise slowly all the way to the top.. If it doesn't - and stops half way, the gauge is generally the fault.
I would suggest though at that point , to have the system diagnostically tested - because the gauage runs through the main computer on the car- you could have a fault there.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be only on a little tomorrow due to other commitments but will always get back to you if needed.
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE