Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 3 year old Ntec qashqai+2 . the engine warning light

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old Ntec qashqai+2 . the engine warning light came on today - performance is fine - no change in power or anything. I need the car tomorrow and weekend - whats the likely cause.
regards
Neil Car reg VA11 CZB
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
hey there, thanks for the question. With no driveability issues. it is probably safe to assume that the engine warning light is simply detecting an emissions error. This would not effect driveability if that's the case. As long as, the engine is not overheating and their are no symptoms like misfiring or hard starting, then you shoul dbe fine to drive the car for the weekend until you have time to have it checked out. Let me know if i can help further.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
What happens now: The site charges you the full value of your question.My goal is to give excellent service (3-5 stars), if for some reason you don't feel as though I have provided it then please just ask more questions until you are satisfied. The site does not compensate me though, until you leave a positive rating.Follow up on the same question is always free, even after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jake - the engine isn't overheating so that's reassuring. Will contact local nissan dealer on monday. many thanks for your help

kind regards

Neil

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Neil. if you have further questions after talking to Nissan please let me know and I will gladly help. In the meantime, please remember to leave me a kind rating. best regards, Jake