indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Single cab Navara pickup 53 plate: The fan heater works

Customer Question

Single cab Navara pickup 53 plate:
The fan heater works only on the high setting, how can I fix this?
When ignition is turned off it still runs for 5 seconds before it stops- what causes this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
If its the Bower motor you are talking about that gives you inside air on 4 settings then this is an easy fix.
Under the dash on the passengers side is the blower motor and just to the side is a resister which is held in with two screws, all you have to do is replace this resister its the speed control, when malfunctions it will just work on high speed .
Replace this and all will be good ..
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You were spot on, the heater works great now, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about when ignition is turned off and it still runs at least for 5/6 seconds before it stops - what causes this?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Check the relay, try another known good relay .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean the starter relay?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
No the blower motor relay or is there anything else thats stays on when you switch off the engine ..

Greg