Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297
Nissan

I have an 06 nissan micra which keeps losing power in 5th on

motorway hills and its near... Show More
motorway hills and its near imposible to overtake
Category: Nissan
Show Less
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
replied 1 year ago.
Hello this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
thankyou
Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago.
glad to help Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
thanx

no problem

could you please leave a rating for me? - there should be some rating buttons / smiley faces to push