Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 05 pathfinder sounds like a tractor when driving cold not

Customer Question

My 05 pathfinder sounds like a tractor when driving cold not as bad when heats up but still noise
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello sounds like an exhaust leakI'd start by checking all the exhaust joints - where the manifold joins the head and the down pipe joints just before the catylst - the best way to do this is to start the engine from cold and feel around each joint with your bare hands - feeling for exhuast gas blowing over your fingers - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please ratemy answer.