indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have a nissan navara 2011 it was a stolen recovery

Customer Question

hi
I have a nissan navara 2011
it was a stolen recovery with satnav,heating and audio controls from centre, BCM and control box under steering wheel, fuse box all stolen out of vehicle
I have purchased second hand BCM and control box with ignition, key, and ecu from the same car from a scrap yard..I put this in the car but engine does not turn over key light flashes
when key left in car in ignition for about 15 mins key light goes of engine turns but does not start
I had a reprogrammer outdoor he says his computers both don't connect to the car to reprogram or do diagnose the car
he says its possible that sat nav and everything that centre location is missing and could be reason for not able to diagnose or it could be a different BCM i.e. should be siemans or continental or a missing earth
PLEASE advise if you can guide or help me with what it is
many thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Its all good getting parts from another vehicle but if i was you i would of gone and got the complete package.
Meaning from key ,ignition ,immo and ECM would of been easier and faster and cheaper .you would not need to reprogram all units just the ECM to the engine .
In your case you need to make sure all parts you bought have the same serial number and then you need to program all with a Nissan diagnostic consult III scan tool and software.
Problem with most GST scan tools, if the can bus system is not programmed you will not get communication with the system the consult is needed..
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all parts supplied are from the same carI purchased:
ignition with key
2 modules under the steering wheel (1 is called the bcm the other is a silver unit)
ECU located under bonnet towards drivers sideI was told by the parts supplier thats all i need and thats all they usually sell and the car should start upis that correct or should there be another part?
please advise what part is missing or advise if the parts i have can be programmed into the carALSI i had a diagnostics guy out to do programming and diagnostics he said is OBD readers are not connecting to the car as theres no response from the car?why would that becar engine turns if key left in car for 15 mins but does not startplease advise many thanks
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Any idea what scan tool he was using ,was it the consult III.
If you are not getting communication with the ECM then maybe a bad ECM or the wiring / connections are at fault first recheck this .
Try another scan tool or code reader first .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've gone to another car diagnostics experts he says he needs to 4 digit pin code for the mobilisation system can you give me that?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
This you need to get from the dealer only ,you will need proof of ownership and ID. Rgds greg