Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

| have a Nissan pathfinder 2009 2.5 turbo diesel,last year

Customer Question

| have a Nissan pathfinder 2009 2.5 turbo diesel,last year i had mice in the engine bay,they chewed a cap off one of the water pipes since then the heater wont blow hot air.I was told my head gasket had worn and the head may be warped.At great expense I had the head gasket replaced and found the head was't warped,much to my delight,but I still cant get hot air into the cabin,if i do 70mph+ the air will warm up but go below this and it goes cold again.I was told it was my heater matrix but have not had any loss of water into the cabin there is no damp to suggest the heater matrix has broken.I feel that the engine is loosing or not creating enough pressure to produce hot air into the cabin.
Would you have any ideas please?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Have you checked the coolant supply pipes to and from the heater matrix to see if they are getting hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive checked the coolant pipes and they are not getting hot.