indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Nissan micra E 2003 988cc. Driving normally then loses drive.

Nissan micra E 2003 988cc. Driving normally then loses drive. Accelerator revs engine but no drive. Switch off then back on then all is well for a while. Seems like an electrical problem? Any advice please?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Automatic or Manual ..
Any warning lights ON like the check engine light when the engine is running .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's manual, no warning lights on.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you . This looks like you have a slipping clutch .Do the following to confirm .Drive at 40 mph in 4rth gear then with your left foot start to put pressure on the brake, and at the same time press a little more on the accelerator..Now the more you press on the brake the car should slow down and the engine revs with it, if the clutch is bad the engine rev's will get high . This will confirm a bad clutch pack.Still need help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician