Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

My windscreen washer jets only dribble out, it's unlikely to

My windscreen washer jets only dribble out, it's unlikely to be the pump because the rear washer and the headlight washers work fine. I've tried a new nozzle, with the same result, I've had no work done on the car which would be likely to crimp the tubing. Any ideas ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Best thing to do is actually follow the tube back from the washer nozzles..I pretty sure there is a 3 way connector that obviously recives the fluid up from the pump then distributes through that 3 way connector to the two each hose too the nozzles..might be worth disconnecting the feed tube to that 3 way section..then test the washer with the tube off to see if that produces better pressure..if it does then the 3 way connector is at fault/blocked internally - if the feed tube is still go a weak flow when tested..then you need to follow that back checking the line/pipe or even try blowing through it yourself..so you can hear the water in the reservior bubbling if it feels restricted then the problems going to be either the feed tube from the 3 way connector back to the washer pump..the pump itself does have a small fine screen - but does involve having the get the pump out from the reservior and then pull the rubber gromit/filter screen out to check...might be worth trying that above if you havent done so already...I do hope this helps