Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

1998 Elgrand Diesel 3.2 QD32eti Engine, when gear is on and

Customer Question

1998 Elgrand Diesel 3.2 QD32eti Engine, when gear is on and break is press, engine speed is abnormal . But when driving, engin is running ok. When Air con is on , the engine is abnormal sometimes. When car running on the way, stopping by break, at this stopping condition, engine is running abnormal. At this condition gear move to P, engine is ok, running normal. Some times, engine is stop on the way.
Checking by diagonist checking, show trouble code " 0018 F/INJ F/B 2 " and " 0022 F/INJ B/B "
How are these problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid for this.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
hey there I apologize for any delays. Nissan expert here. These codes are pretty indicative of the injector timing solenoid on the pump itself. This solenoid can be replaced individually on most years, but does require tha tthe fuel system be bled and the pump times and calibrated again. So the good news is the pump itself is likely not the issues at hand but the solenoid can still be tricky for a do-it-yourself mechanic if you can't recalibrate the pump afterwards.