Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

HiI'm currently having issues with a 2007 Micra. Its the

Customer Question

I'm currently having issues with a 2007 Micra. Its the 1.4 Automatic and the engine management light came on. I friend diagnosed the issue as a output speed sensor is at fault.
I'm having some trouble finding out what part I need to order however and have been given two part numbers from the local Nissan dealers, 31935 and 31935+A. Both parts are pretty expensive so would rather not shell out on both as I have been told they are non returnable.
Any help would be appreciated!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Apologies for the delay in getting to your question. I have carried out some research into these part numbers.According to my parts system, the correct sensor for your model is 31935+A for some reason the OEM parts catalog does not specify which sensor is for your model but all others do so im confident this is the correct sensor. The 31935+A sensor should be a simple plastic sensor with a connector for the wiring on the sensor it's self held in by one bolt. The other type (31935) has wires fixed to the sensor and a connector on the end of the wiring. I strongly recommend the sensor checked visually first to ensure is this type and does not have the wiring attached to the sensor like the 31935 version. I have attached a diagram of the two versions of this sensor which will make it much easier to see the difference between the part numbers.... the sensor on your car should be visible by looking down to the front of the gearbox and following the wiring to the sensor, I would advise you do have it visually checked just in case before ordering as sometimes parts catalogs can be wrong.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I have re-posted the diagram in a different format in-case the first link didn't work for you.