Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I purchased a Nissan qashqai and it has not started twice.

Customer Question

I purchased a Nissan qashqai and it has not started twice. The garage says it was showing low fuel pressure but couldn't fault it. It is missing a bit when running and the recovery mechanic suggested it could be an injection fault. It's diesel.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am still waiting for an answer please
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a copy of the fault code given by the garage? The fact they say it was related to low fuel pressure would point to a fuel pressure sensor or fuel pump issue. Unfortunately without specific fault codes it is difficult to pinpoint the problem but the specific fault code will be of great help. The next step would be to have a more thorough diagnostic scan carried out looking into the fault codes. Low fuel pressure on starting is a sign of fuel pump problems so ideally this needs to be inspected as soon as possible as in the case of a mechanical failure of the fuel pump it can allow metal particles into the injection system which will cause serious damage.Depending on exactly what fault codes are retrieved from the car the pressure sensor should be tested as sometimes these can give a bad reading when the fuel pressure is in fact OK. This can cause the engine not to start or to cut out if it thinks the pressure is too high or too low.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.