Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Jake, can I ask you a question?

Customer Question

Hi jake, can I ask you a question?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can someone contact me please
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Sure, whats your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I have a Nissan navara 2007 auromatic.
I purchased this around 4 weeks ago and all been ok. The last week it has cut out quite a lot. It happenes when I go to stop. I try to start it but it stalls straight away twice then it starts up on the 3rd time. I have replaced the crank sensor 2 days ago hoping it would be that but still have the issue. Any help would be grateful
Lee
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Lee what engine do you have in your Navara?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
also, let me know if the service engine light is on or if you have poor or low idle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,It's a 2.5 diesel
No service light, runs and turns over on around 700rpm. Only cuts out when I'm driving then I go to stop. Just as its about to stop it cuts out. Not all the time though
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the clarification. Really could be a couple of different things going on, but my first guess would be the throttle chamber. The electronic throttles have a closed position that is learned, the closed position is larger when the engine is cold then when it's warm. So once the engine warms up it's stalling when you come to a stop because it's dirty and effecting the idle air passing. Best thing to do is disconnect the negative battery cable and remove the throttle chamber. Carefully clean both sides with a rag thats soaked in cleaner (carb cleaner, sea foam, injector cleaner or something of that nature). Don't spray it all in the throttle and risk damaging it, just soak the rag and use it to clean both sides. Afterwards perform the idle relearn procedure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Ok I'll tell my Mecanic to try this and be in touch.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome, if you need anything else let me know. if not just be sure to leave a kind rating. thanks.
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to a Nissan dealer and they told me that a clip on the pipe for the injector valve has snapped and was running upwards or something? So they fixed it and the problem is still happening :-(
I will show them your message and see what they say?Lee
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Lee, thanks for the follow up message. I am not really sure exactly what clip they are referring to on the injector rail? Let me know what they say. thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,They have just called and said the IDV needs changing? Idle valve I think? £230.00
Hoping this solves it as i have tried 3 different things now and it's getting frustrating. They said no codes coming up eitherLee
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the part# ***** the valv ethey are replacing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there supplying and fitting. It's a Nissan main dealer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Nissan said its the suction valve (IDV)
Just had a "suction control valve" changed at Nissan for £220 and still the same problemLee