indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder diesel automatic transmision It

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder diesel automatic transmision
It does not seem to be picking up when I pull away from a junction but once I get going it runs as normal.
It also doesn't seem to be going into 5 gear when I'm on the motorway although
It is running ok. And the revs are around 3000 at 70
When I release the throttle I can hear like air sucking from the passenger side of the vehicle
Also when I lifted the bonnet there was a small (approx 10mm) pipe laying under the air intake but not connected it seems to come from under the rad were it is connected but I can't see. I have just changed the Maf sensor and it seems better but not right
Help appreciated
Louis
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 11 months ago.
Hi Louis ..
Looks like you are in limp mode where the transmission is locked in 3rd or 4th gear.
You need to have a diagnostic scan done to see what has malfunctioned
and causing the transmission to go into limp mode .
Could be anything from a input / output speed sensor ,most common for this issue you are having .
This explains the slow take off and not changing into O/D.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Greg, I don't think it is in limp mode as it changes up from 2nd to 3rd and limp mode wouldn't allow it to do 80mph down the motorway I have experienced it in limp mode before. Do you have any suggestions for the discription in my message
Okay good thenk you.
Is the exhaust smoking when you accelerate hard if what colour .
Any warning light on like the check engine light .
How many miles on this engine .
Greg
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No smoke,120,000
Gear box fluid good level and condition.
I know they rely a lot on air intake and the mass air flow sensor for fear change etc.
Like I said if I take the foot of throttle I can here air suction from passenger side seat area plus there is this pipe
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No lights on
Can you take a photo of this for me . Greg
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Greg photo attached
Louis is there suction on this hose when the engine is running . I'm not sure what this is ?? could be the breather hose from the front diff if no vacuum on it ,check and see where it comes from under the rad may go to the diff. Greg
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi greh it's dark now but yes if I block the hose for a bit there is suction
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But if it's not blocked I can't feel anything it's not obvious i blocked it whilst driving when I unblocked it there was a release of air
Hi .
Sorry but have no idea what this could be , i will have to opt out and see if another fellow expert can help .
Sorry Louis ,happy new year ,
Greg