Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Why did Halfords tell me that on my nissan leaf 30kw whist

Customer Question

why did Halfords tell me that on my nissan leaf 30kw whist trying to fit a dashcam some fuses blew?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there..
Fuses will only blow if the circuit or circuits is being shorted or the amperage rating as per fuse has been exceeded on that circuit,alot of the modules and electrical components on cars nowdays can run through several fuses,so thats always something to bear in mind - Or the device they are fitted is faulty or the person doing the installation doesnt have a clue with regards ***** ***** in the dashcam itself - its sounds to me like either they dont have an upto date fuse diagram for that particular vehicle to figure out which those fuses cover and circuits or a proper wiring diagram for that car and year or fuse panel to wire in the dashcam properly...I do hope this helps
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
.