indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Just bought a 54 reg 1.5 almera and orange light came on 2

just bought a 54 reg 1.5 almera and orange light came on 2 days later after having exhaust fitted.had to call AA out today because wouldnt start after i had been shopping and he said camshaft sensor had been broken and glued together and said he thinks it could be timing chain that has stretched. he removed sensor to start it
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it always starts first time when its first used and runs perfectly until i turn it off.Going for petrol is embarrasing or shopping as it takes about ten minutes to start it.When i acquired it and went for petrol to drive it home it was fine.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Did you replace the camshaft sensor and have the timing chain checked .as this is a very typical issue on this engine .
A glued together cam sensor is a sign of it getting damaged when work was done and super glued back together, so as not to have to pay for a new one .
You will keep having this issue if the two are nor replaced .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.