Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a nissan qashqai with several problems, firstly the

Hi I have a nissan qashqai with several problems, firstly the keyless system has stopped working,i have had a new key supplied and a locksmith come round this morning to re programme the key as it wasn't working a lot of the time and once trapped me in the car with the alarm sounding, this new key couldn't be programmed and i now have a key that won't even lock the car on remote? the locksmith has suggested i might need to go to a nissan main delaer to see what is wrong but i just can't afford it, is there anything like maybe a fuse inside that might chage things? also heater not working or the heated leather seats?? Hope you can help.thankyou
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
hey there, thanks for your question
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked ALL THE FUSES?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i don't think he checked any fuses..and i wouldn't know how to.Where would i find them?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
There is an interior fuse panel by the drivers knee panel and there is a fuse panel under the hood by the battery,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i'll ask my mechanic to take a look, could this be responsible for the heated seats not working and the heating sytem too? they've all stopped working.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
You have one of 2 things going on here. You either have a faulty BCM (body control module) some people refer to it as the central locking unit module. Or You have a blown fuse or fusible link. Considering the seats are effected, I would bet it's a fuse issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much i'll get that all looked into asap
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, if you need further assistance just ask.