Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a cold starting problem with my Nissan Navara D40. When first stared in the mor

Customer Question

Hi, I have a cold starting problem with my Nissan Navara D40. When first stared in the morning it fires up 1st time then cuts out after about 10 secs. Then to restart it, you have to turn the engine over and over for a while and then it fires up. It only does this when left a long time in the cold and when running the engine runs as it should. Ps I have changed the glow plugs.
Cheers Wayne.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, sorry for the delay. This is a pretty common issue on the D40 engines when there is air in the lines or the fuel filter needs replacing. So i generally recommend a filter change since you need to bleed the air at the same time when doing it and it almost always resolves the issue. If for some odd reason you till continue to get air in the system AFTER doing this, then you probably need to replace the primer as its a common place for air to get in.