Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 1.6 dci manual qashqai After a long run the

Customer Question

I have a 2012 1.6 dci manual qashqai
After a long run the gearbox sometimes gets stuck in fourth or third. When I finally get it to neutral, release the clutch and try again it works fine. A couple of minutes later it will happen again.
I don't get the problem when the engine is cold.
My local dealer has never heard of the problem and never change gearbox oil in services. They have quoted me £170 to inspect it, but it doesn't happen all of the time.
The car has done 96000 miles
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Santal,I have taken the car to a local garage now thank you.Regards,David Collin
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
David I apologize for any delays. Sounds like the clutch disk is sticking because of an issue with the pressure plate. If you have concerns once you speak with the garage let me know.