Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

There, I'm trying to replace the rear brake pads on my 98

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm trying to replace the rear brake pads on my 98 Almera, and I,m struggling to rewind the piston using the proper tool. Should I crack open the bleed nipple, or whats the best procedure to wind the piston in. p.s its discs at the rear with abs.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question and I apologize for the delay. When compressing brake pistons it's perfectly acceptable to use the bleed nipple to make it easier. Just make sure your cracking it as you wind the piston and not leaving it open when no working the piston. This will prevent the chance of any air getting in. Even then you could always re-bleed with a few pumps at the pedal.