Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have 2 problems with my daughters Nissan. 1st the Rear Hatch

Customer Question

I have 2 problems with my daughters Nissan. 1st the Rear Hatch does not open, and as I was trying to figure out why this is the case, I managed to lock her only key inside the car in the ignition. 1st challenge is to open the car.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is a Micra 1.2 5dr with key fob button locking.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Well at this point you will need to have a locksmith come out to get in the vehicle first, then you can use your original key to disable the alarms afterwards by turning the key to ON position or disarming with the key fob. Secondly these rear hatches have issues with the wiring harness where it runs through the rubber boot form the hatch door to the vehicle body. It's not uncommon for a wire to break at this location and the switch quit working. So of you get a click from the rear when unlocking or attempting to open then its just a faulty actuator. No click is likely the harness issue.