Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am changing my 6years Qashqai Acenta and am interested in

Customer Question

I am changing my 6years Qashqai Acenta and am interested in the 1.2 accent premium xtronic. I am assured I won't notice the difference with the smaller engine, but what is it like on motorways. I am waiting for a test drive, and thats another thing they are having rouble locating one. Whats your opinion
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have mentioned that my current car is a 1.6
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this will all depend on how much of a load / passengers you carry as if its just you in the car then thats correct the 1.2 will be fine on the motorway however if you have a couple of passengers then the 1.2 will start to feel a bit strained compared to the 1.6 the 1.2 will still achieve 70mp with passengers but it will take several seconds to accelerate to this speed compared to the few with the 1.6 its really down to your perception , I'd suggest once you have secured a test drive to ensure that you try it on some dual carraigeway or other fast road to see if it suits
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you