Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2.2dci cuts out when cold when the revs drop to about 1100rpm.

Customer Question

My 2.2dci cuts out when cold when the revs drop to about 1100rpm. Diagnostic showed a fault with cam sensor - We've replaced cam & crank sensors but its no different Please help with any ideas. Thanks John 07843 286474
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello John,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I've had no response at all so I would like to keep the question open.
John
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance and prevent idling smoothly. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it. also worth considering fitting a new fuel filter as if only slightly blocked this can lower fuel supply pressure and choke the main pump, the pump will be more sensitive to this when its cold as diesel thickens considerably with low temperatures.ass=MsoNormal>
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you