Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Nissan NV200 2010, Had front pads fitted 8 months

Customer Question

Hi I have a Nissan NV200 2010, Had front pads fitted 8 months ago brakes started to bind at the front.
Garage changed a calliper said it was the cause, still front brakes binding, they then changed front flexi hoses, still binding, have now had a second set of front pads in 8 months, now binding worse than ever.
My question is when they changed the first set of pads they just pushed the pistons back in the calliper could they of flipped seals in the master or ABS causing the breaking fault
Paul Hawkins.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. I don't think the issue was with how the calipers were reset, considering they even changed one of the calipers later with no change in symptoms. The best way to find out if the caliper(s) are at fault or if the hydraulic system is at fault is to crack a bleeder once they are binding. If brake fluid squirts out from simply cracking a bleeder than you have an issue with the pressure not bleeding off the way it was designed too. I would bet its a hydraulic issue and since BOTH front brakes are effected, it's more than likely an issue with the master cylinder, likely the valve inside it or excessive debris clogging it. You could also hav ean issue with the ABS check valves, but there is one for each wheel so it's less likely.