Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My micra convertible is making a noise when I press the accelerator.

Customer Question

my micra convertible is making a noise when I press the accelerator. noise stops when idling.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no answer and I hope I haven't been charge. Please close the question and refund if so. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, Jake here. I am sorry no one got to your question timely. I just seen it. When you notice a noise on acceleration that is not there any other time it can be quite a few different things. It could be a ping sound from detonation, it could be a ticking sound from an exhaust leak, or it could even be a rattle or slap sound if a belt, pulley, or timing chain/tensioner were the root cause. The BEST way to proceed is to have someone rev the engine while you have the hood popped. You can then isolate the location of the sound and then proceed with a diagnosis one the location is resolved.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
if you still want help let me know, if not let me know also and I will let shantal know to close the question for you.