Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I am having a problem with my nissan micra (2012, 1.2, manual,

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my nissan micra (2012, 1.2, manual, petrol). When driving up a steep hill in first and I have to depress the clutch (to change up gear, or to stop), I am unable to put it into gear, however, the clutch pedal and gear stick both appear to work normally (the pedal rises normally and the gear stick appears to find the gear) but the engine acts as in neutral. After turning the car off and leaving it for 5-10 minutes it will then, after starting, go into first.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
hey there, thanks for the question. Have you checked the fluid level? checked for leaks?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
First thing you want to do is inspect the for any leaks, especially the clutch slave and master cylinders. If the they are working normally with no leaks and apply proper pressure to the shift fork then the problem is eaither yout throw out bearing or a spring on the clutch pressure plate that has failed. The latter two will require the transmission to be pulled to access them and fix them.