Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Nissan micra 1240 cc 2003 - I have sound that you get warning

Nissan micra 1240 cc 2003 - I have sound that you get warning when lights are on without
Lights being on - please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. Where is the sound coming from? the dash area or under the hood?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Sound is coming from the front of car - AS ALREADY SAID WHEN THE FUSE NUMBER 6 ( which is marked Batt 10a
Electronics ) is removed the sound stops and the indicators don't work
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
assuming the indicators are not on (which yes I already know you said I am making a point) then the warning buzzer has failed. The buzzers are located 1 of 3 places in Nissan models. Either pop the hood and its on the passengers side firewall by the master cylinder, or its on the back of the instrument cluster, or lastly some have been located at the drivers left knee kick panel. more commonly the ones under the hood are the ones we see fail though, they get wet and make a constant chime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jake Thanks what is the way to put right ( correct )John f
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
you will have to access the buzzer and disconnect the single connector and it will stop buzzing. This will confirm you found the proper box (usually black box about 3/4" thick). Then you will need to replace it, unless its an issue with moisture in the connector. In that case some electrical cleaner and shop air will usually correct it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jake Many thanks I should be able sort this now johnfowler
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome.