Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have my Micra radio code but when I try to put it in after

I have my Micra radio code but when I try to put it in after a battery change I receive a message "wait 1hr" This seems to be permanent for the last few days. Can you help unlock this so that I can put in the 4 figure code.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. The wait 1 hour means the radio has gone in to safe mode - this means either the code you have has been put in wrongly or the code is incorrect - the usual method to get it off the wait 1 hour etc is try leaving the radio and ignition switched on - dont start the car - just leave the radio powered up showing that message and the ignition on and leave it for an hour - keep checking back every so often to see if its come off that message - when it does it will then allow you to enter the code..So if its safe to do so depending where the car is..then give that a try above,that about the only method there is im afraid for that error message - i do hope this helps