Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2010 pathfinder tekna and reason, the alarm

Customer Question

I have a 2010 pathfinder tekna and for some reason, the alarm keeps going off-I've checked doors/boot/bonnet and windows...all fine. I've also 'pulled' on the doors without opening them, just to see if the door switches are faulty...again all ok. Is it possible to lock the car without setting the alarm? One forum says turn ignition on and off 3 times within 7 seconds then lock it and you hear a buzzer which is informing you that the sensors have not been set. I tried this-no luck.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
To be honest on these year models it's much more common for the KEY FOB to cause the alarm to keep going off. What happens is they start to send continuous signals and activate the alarm. Try taking the battery out of the key fob after you lock the doors and see if the alarm stops going off, if so then you know you have a remote issue. Thats the best place to start at to be honest.