Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I've got a 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci Acenta. I've had it for

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci Acenta. I've had it for a 3 months now and it's starting to pull at 80mph. By that I mean it loses power and sometimes only sometimes, the ESP light with the Red malfunctioning light and SLIP light all come one. But as quick as they come on, they go off after 5mins or so.
Basically my problem has a problem. I can't take it to the dealer cause the red light isn't showing for the mechanic to diagnose the problem. Does any one know what the problem may be and how to resolve?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I've got a 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci Acenta. I've had it for a 3 months now and it's starting to pull at 80mph. By that I mean it loses power and sometimes only sometimes, the ESP light with the Red malfunctioning light and SLIP light all come one. But as quick as the lights come on, they go off after 5mins or so.Basically my problem has a problem. I can't take it to the dealer cause the red malfunctioning light isn't showing for the mechanic to diagnose the problem. Does any one know what the problem may be and how to resolve?Many thanks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure. If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it. If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked Also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have already booked my car into Nissan dealership (which is costing me £60) as the site has taken over a week to get an answer. As a result I will be requesting a refundThank you
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
understood