Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a qashquia +2 nearly 5 years old done less than 50k.

Customer Question

I have a qashquia +2 nearly 5 years old done less than 50k. I have been experiencing stiffness in turning the steering wheel and a intermittant clunking sound. Also I have had problems with the key locking preventing me starting the engine.
Is this a regular problem or what is the answer.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. Does the stiffness you experience seem to change when turning the wheel? Does it get stiff then ease up and get stiff again?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
if so, then it may the upper joint in the steering column shaft itself. It would cause it to get still and loosen and have a popping sound. The key issue may just be the key battery is weak and needs replaces, especially if it's just intermittent.