Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2000 Nissan Primera. The battery is dead and I

Customer Question

HI, I have a 2000 Nissan Primera. The battery is dead and I can't open the door with the key manually. Can I get in the car without replacing the battery?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery and as you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you