Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My stepdaughter has a micra 55 plate. Which went in work a

Customer Question

Hi. My stepdaughter has a micra 55 plate. Which went in for repair work a while back.the battery got disconnected for this repair. Which was done. But the car is still sitting at the garage because since then the key will not start the car because it no longer communicates with the immobiliser.
The garage says they have tried to re set the code but does not work. She has now been told to scrap the car as it will no longer be able to get started.
Please help if possible
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, the key registration not being recognized by the immobiliser is generally not a huge issue. It's cause by 1 of 3 things in almost every situation.

1. the key registration has been lost and will need to be re-registered by a dealer or mobile locksmith $100

2. The immobiliser on the ignition cylinder has failed and cannot read the key RFID and will need replaced $250

3. The key is bad and will need replaced and re-registered $150

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for your response
I haven't yet found the solution.
As I am not a mechanic. But a gas heating engineer. Without it costing me loads. Of money how can I find out which of those three options it is
Alex. Dixon
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, because the immobiliser is involved there is not an easy way to check them without a scan tool here. You need an advanced level scan tool with registration capabilities. I know of noone but dealers and mobile locksmiths with that capability.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance just let me know, if not please be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.