Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I bought Leaf 2015 kw brand new car. After the very first

Customer Question

I bought Leaf 2015 kw brand new car.
After the very first charged at home the car shows 130km remaining power
What is the reason for this limited mileage ?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, i did not get an answer yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction
I bought Leaf 2015 80kw brand new car last week.
After the very first charged at home, the car shows 130km remaining battery power
What is the reason for this limited mileage of power ?Thanks
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

The remaining power display calculates how many miles or kilometers you can go before your next charge. This is an estimate based off the driving inputs being recieved at that time and the power motor readings.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

for what it's worth 130km is roughly 80 miles between charges. This is pretty normal anyways.

So if you could elaborate on your concern maybe I can help further? is your gauge not showing a full charge? or is the charge showing full, but the 130km range is less than you expected on a full charge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Jake, I am from Sri Lanka. I bought this new car (2015 UK leaf 80kw) from Sri Lanka,
In here Japanese Leafs Show 220Lkm in full charged and owners of those vehicles say that they can run about 180 km actual mileage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gauge showing it is full at 130Km/h
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

180km actual mileage is not as common as you might think. That's more like a MAXIMUM mileage you will see when using the regenerative braking without a/c or heat warmers. not what your going to see cruising on the highway.

The biggest thing i see with Leaf owners is understanding how much certain variables effect the range on them. Unlike a gasoline engine that is barely effected by a/c and gets better highway than city mileage it's the opposite with electric vehicles.

Realistically if you get anywhere from 110km to 130km of actual mileage between charges, you are doing good. You will really need to drive the vehicle quite a bit though to get an idea of what your mileage is going to look like on certain commutes.