Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

My nissan micra has air con, but i went to get it regassed

my nissan micra has air con, but i went to get it regassed and was told that the pump has seized. can you advise of the price and where i can get this fixed
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Ok if the compressor has seized then a new one complete will be required//its difficult to gauge a price based on manufacturer of the compressor itself,,but you need to ensure its not the pulley /clutch itself..which can be repalced on its own without the need for another compresor..so any garage you use will need to determine that first before ordering another compressor unit.but they dont normally cost to much probably in the region of most about £150 plus the time at least 2 and half hours..once the system has been drained again.the compressor replaced aswell as the drive belt...the system then put on a vaccum to ensure its sealed..only then can the system be refilled with gas and then the air con checked for performance..so you could be in the region of at least £200-£250..but its has to be a garage thats able to service and repair air conditioning systems..I do hope this helps