Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

How do you remove the the entire oil sump so you can change

How do you remove the the entire oil sump so you can change the timing chain? I have everything else removed but cannot get the upper sump to release all the way
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
What model and year Nissan are we working on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Jake,
2003 nissan micra 1.2ltr petrol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine is still in the car and I am in the process of changing a stretched timing chain. Do you have to separate the gearbox from the engine?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to remove the upper oil pan, it will require you to separate the gearbox from the block in order to do so on the micra.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was afraid of that. my son had told me that but I could not confirm it until I talked to a proper mechanic. Thanks