Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I live in Spain and own, since Nov 2015, a Note 1.2 DIG-S

I live in Spain and own, since Nov 2015, a Note 1.2 DIG-S Tekna automatic. The battery keeps going flat...it is today...especially if not driven for a few days. It's now in the garage and it is stuck in Park and I can't release it to roll it back out to get it jump started...how can I get it out of PArk into Neutral. ALso why does the battery keep going flat?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi..there..

On the selector itself..if you look just above the P symbol..you should see a small plu/gromet..you need to remove that and witha long screwdriver press it into that hole and that should release the park locking solenoid to move the shifter to Neutral..so give that a try...... Further the the battery issue..you'll need to have the battery tested first ideally..ie: state and load test...after which if the battery seems to be ok..then its really a case a of performing a draw test on each circuit to see what is using current when it shouldnt be and this HAS to be done by a good auto electrician with the correct fuse panel lay out etc to see which circuit is at fault..so at this point it would be difficult to pin it to one area without doing any checks..which i asume you havent had done yet...in which case going by the age of the car id say this would normally be down to the dealer to rectify seeing as the car should be under warranty still...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks. That worked to get it into neutral. I will take the car back to the dealer and get them to check.