Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Nissan quaqui reg gwo7bha enginemanagement light on

Customer Question

I have a Nissan quaqui reg gwo7bha enginemanagement light on and smoke filter light on its a diesel engine I put whiynns performativ in diesel tank with half tank diesel today and drove for about an hour today on motor way and lights still on can u help please thanks
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also had a engine oil and filter change and a full look all over and top up of fluids only last week with Nissan at Stourbridge west ways
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should these lights have gone of by now or has the service I had last week been unsatisfactory Martin thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This car has stressed me to the limits today and wish I'd never heard of this model of a car as never dad so much stress over a car ever b 4 and can't understand in any way how on earth this car has been car of the year two years running.Even I can't answer to that I'm really hopeing to get answers if there's any thank you if there's any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u think I might have any answers soon please thanking u so much Martin .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have u any answers 4 me as yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello Martin

sorry about the wait, 1st thing to try and get done is plug in a scan tool to read off the stored fault code that's turning on the check engine light

if you can describe to me how the car is driving with this fault I'll try to help furhter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's driving ok if lights weren't on I wouldn't b stressed.i have drove it in low gear to try and push blockiidge out and at the moment both lights still on.should I try this again and if so how should I drive it and 4 how long and at what speed thank u.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u gonna get back to me
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello Martin

if the car is driving OK with no lack of power then you should be OK to carry on driving it normally

check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you