Nathan B
Nathan B, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my Own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

My qaskqai has not been used for 3 months and the battery is

Customer Question

my qaskqai has not been used for 3 months and the battery is flat. I cant open the car with the key. How do I get access to the car to charge the battery
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nathan B replied 8 months ago.

Hi there.

Welcome to ja.com. My name is ***** ***** i hope i can help you today with your problem.

Ok. If you go to the passengers side of the car and look at the handle for opening the front door. If you look up at the bottom of the handle, on the small part that doesn't move when you try to open the door you will see a little slot. You have to gently lever the plastic cover off of this part and under this plastic cover you will find a key hole to unlock only the passengers door. As this key lock has never been used since you have had the car it might be a bit stiff to turn and also to push the key in may be a bit stiff so it may be worth using a bit of WD40 or the likes to lubricate the lock up while trying to turn it.

Once you have the passengers door unlocked you can enter the car and open the bonnet to gain access to the battery to charge it. Once the battery is charged you should be able to open the car with the fob and start it.

I hope tthis has helped you with ths matter. If you require an y further help on this matter then you can still post on this thread even after you have accepted my answer as this does not close out the question. Also, if you require help in the future you can contact me via my profile on this site and i will be happy to help you again.

Please remember to rate my answer as this is how i get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Nathan