Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Tailgate not opening; Stays locked Assistant: How many miles

Tailgate not opening; Stays locked
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 2004 Model K12, 120,000 miles. This happened three weeks ago, never had a problem before
Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Nissan?
Customer: S
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic friend will be doing the job; I'm 74 and don't get into car repairs these days. Bought a new electric boot switch, but alas no good.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I can understand mechanics ok.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
Hey there, these Micras have a history of rear actuator failures. This is usually from the switch, the lock itself, or the wire in the loom that runs from the top of the boot to the roof area has tore. You have to remove the rubber cover to see it. If the lock makes a noise then it's usually a faulty lock. Otherwise check the wire I reference since you already replaced the switch.